Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate





 It's snowing outside and all I want to do is curl up with my baby girl, her favorite books and a hot sweet drink!
 Since going dairy free I have been been looking for new ways to cure my sweet tooth. My dairy free/ paleo buddies turned me onto Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips! They are so yummy I find myself eating a handful straight from the bag! (Don't judge me. You know you do it too:) Sometimes I will melt an equal part creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips to make a dipping sauce for bananas. Also delish!
 So while watching a segment on Nutella hot chocolate this morning on the Today Show, I thought I can do that!
 I gave it a try with all items I already had in my house!
  We are always on a tight budget so I am very particular on my ingredients! I LOVE Aldi! I really do! Im able to grab some "unusual" items there like almond milk! I used sweetened vanilla almond milk for this recipe BUT they also have plain sweetened, plain unsweetened and vanilla unsweetened. Yeah Aldi! I ALWAYS buy Kroger brand Natural Peanut Butter. There is NO sugar. Only peanuts and a little salt! The best part is it is on sale often and always under $2! Good news for us because we go through a ton on PB in our house! As far as the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, I buy mine in the natural food section at Kroger! (Many friends get theirs in bulk on Amazon Prime)



If you don't do dairy free you can totally make this with your milk and chocolate of choice.




Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Dairy Free - Paleo - Just Plain Good


1 Tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter (Or Nut Butter)
2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
Marshmallows, optional


In a pot over medium-high heat, bring the milk to a simmer. Add the peanut butter and mini chocolate chips, stirring until it has melted and become incorporated.
Ladle into mugs and top with marshmallows.
Enjoy!
-Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment